Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where is Jim?

I've received a lot of emails and personal messages wondering where I am. Everything is good, I'm fine. I've just been swamped with a lot of work lately (that stuff that pays the bills). While I'd love to write 100%-LEGO-related material, it's just not realistic (at least not yet).

In the freelance world, available work is often like a rollercoaster - up and down, slow and fast - but with the economy the way it is right now, most of the freelance creatives I know (graphic artists, photographers, writers, etc.) are extremely busy. I've probably taken on more than I normally should, but when it's raining, freelancers tend to put out as many cups as they can :)

I've got a few things in the works that do involve LEGO - one relates to a new contest I've discovered that I'll be blogging about shortly. As for books/workbooks, Mars Base Gamma is close... so close... to being done. I just had to put it on a sideburner and apologize for its long delay. (The Mars Base Command has been popular, but sales of the workbooks aren't overwhelming and priorities must go to paying work...)

Anyway, just wanted to catch up with The NXT Step readers and let you know I'm okay, just busy and not able to post as often as I'd like on the blog. I'll try to get something up soon that should be of interest to you NXT engineers out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment