Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thermal Imaging with a thermal IR Sensor

Xander has once again come up with a fantastic post on his Blog about his use of the Dexter Industries Thermal IR sensor.

http://mightor.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/bring-on-the-heat-thermal-imaging-with-the-nxt/


Having spent most of yesterday hacking and optimizing the firmware for the new Dexter Industries Thermal IR Sensor, I thought I would go ahead and make something fun with it today.
I built a pan and tilt rig for the sensor with a great deal of gearing down to allow me to take a lot of measurements as the rig moved around. Initially I had it set for about 40×40 measurements but those didn’t look that great and I wanted a bit more. I reprogrammed it and made it spit out data at a resolution of about 90×80.

He gets some great looking images of both a cold bottle and a hot flame.











From what I hear, he's working on increasing the resolution and range that the sensor can output.

--
Damien Kee
www.damienkee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment